I’m a girl who loves a pair of stilettos (especially when it comes with a platform sole). However, even the best platforms have their bad days. That’s where the chunky, block heels trend for spring/summer 2014 saves the day! The last month of constant partying has been revealing–some of my most comfortable shoes aren’t all that comfortable after 5 hours of standing and dancing. Nothing ruins the fun at a party like the moment your feet start killing you and there’s no seat in sight. Last weekend, I was invited to a party and promised myself I would be rocking some chic and very comfortable heels (without taking the wedges route).
Block heels are the type of shoes I probably wore when I first started wearing heels, but what’s old is new again. I did a quick search on Zara and found a pair I liked. I was a teeny bit concerned that the chunky, block heel would look juvenile. I was wrong. The Zara Block Heel Strappy Sandals with Ankle Straps are perfect! While I don’t like to overindulge in trends, I will definitely be adding a few more block heel shoes to my collection. They are comfortable, super cute and available in a variety of styles and heel heights. I put together some of my favorites for you! Check out my Block Heel/Chunky Heel Trend Picks for Spring/Summer 2014.
1. Rebecca Minkoff “Irvin” Ankle Strap d’Orsay Heels (Neiman Marcus)
2. Paper Dolls Snakeskin Peep-Toe Block Heels (Dorothy Perkins)
3. Michael Antonio “Jace” Block Heel Sandals (Zappos)
4. Gianni Bini Dreamerr Block Heel Sandals (Dillards)
5. House of Fraser High Block Heel Sandals (Dorothy Perkins)
6. Block Heel Strappy Sandals with Ankle Straps (Zara)
7. Emporio Armani Block Heel Sandal (Farfetch)